Gosh! I hardly have any time to catch my breath and today it is already the 2nd of July! Half a year breezed by and I felt I have not done much! Everyday is like going into the war zone… fighting like a soldier, day in day out… especially on weekedays. I am so looking forward to weekends now (just like a school going child!) so that I could sleep in a little!
Today, the Little Princess tunred 7-month and I don’t know if I should be happy or sad. Well, happy that at least she can do this now…
Yes, she can sit unsupported since a few days ago… which should be lesser work for us but NO! She can’t sit for long! Else she will scream her lungs out just like the photo above! The thing is, she does not like to be left alone!
One of the greatest changes since she turned 6-th month was she sleeps so much lesser!!!! She wakes up very early mind you… as if she is the one who is going to school! She normally will wakes up the moment she finds that I am not next to her… around 6.45am. Then after sending Darrius off, she will go for a nap around 9am and if I’m lucky she can sleeps for 2 hours – max. Most time it is around 1 hour or less. In the afternoon, max 2 hours and if I’m lucky 3 hours but that is sooooooooo RARE! Evening she sleeps for 30 mins and that was it! Bed time is 9.30pm. See, in that 15 hours she only slept less than 5 hours! And the night is not any better too! She wakes up almost every hour! 😦
Why is she not sleeping??? Now she got the cold so her nose is kinda stuffy at night but what is the problem when she don’t have the cold???? Why she don’t sleep???? *sob* I am already feeling like a zombie each morning but I still go ahead and pack bento for Darrius as I know I have been neglecting him and have not shower him with more hugs and kisses the past months since Baby G started co-sleep with me.
Going to bring her to the clinic to get her weight and height next week so will update this post once I have those details. Mean while, here are what the little devil can do now…
- Can and will lounge forward to reach for things that appeals to her
- Very short attention span… can never play with anything longer than a few minutes… will yanks away anything she is holding when she gets frustrated
- Don’t like food which are meant for her! She has been rejecting all the cereals and porridge I made for her! 😦 Ended up, I have to eat them… *sigh* She only likes those Baby Bites made of rice but I found that too heaty for her as she gets constipated after a little too much the past few days. Basically, she likes what we eats! Yes, she showed great interest in our food!
- Rejected water too and will squirm and scream if I shoved the water bottle into her mouth
- Started to talk more but still gibberish
- Can understand more words
- Loves playing with her kor-kor
- Enjoys car rides but not for too long!
For personal records, here are some of the food I have fed her randomly so far:
- Golden kiwi
- Orange juice
- KFC’s whipped potato (without the gravy)
- Porridge cooked with meat, corn and carrot)
The problem is, she has very sensitive skin and if the food is not suitable she will get very serious skin allergy! She is so different from Darrius. Darrius is like a garbage bin… anything goes!
I am going to try those bay food again and just hope and pray she will take something else she will not be full and that could be the MAIN reason why she can’t sleep at night… she could be not full since she only drink Mama’s milk!
Updated on 5/7/2010
Weight: 7kg (2kg lighter than Darrius @ about the same time)
Height: 67cm (3cm shorter than Darrius @ about the same time)